Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Inaugural post


Hello.  This is the inaugural post on my new photoblog.  This is me above in my office standing by one of my favorite paintings.




I'm experimenting with the black and white settings on my new camera and thought this was an interesting shot of a lamp with a fruit design on it.  I'm using a Kodak Easyshare M577 - a great little camera for under $100.

It was soooo cold this morning!  However, it did give me an opportunity to take a few shots of the ice crystals that formed on my car:



Here's the view from my office window.  I particularly like the extended exposure affect of the tail-lights on the cars in this photo:


I experimented with the panoramic feature on my new camera and came out with the following picture of the same scene.  It's goofy, but cool at the same time:


I intended for this first post to be a bit more introspective than it has been.  One thing I am discovering about photography is that it helps me slow down and actually observe things that I normally take for granted, like the lock on my filing cabinet for instance.  I've never really paid much attention to it, but now I've taken a few minutes just to think about it and photograph it.  Taking time to actually enjoy what was formerly just a piece of office furniture...there's something to this photography thing.


Here's looking forward to a great year of posting my photos on this blog.

Enjoy!


Christopher.

No comments:

Post a Comment