Monday, January 9, 2012

Pine Cones and Giraffes


I love nature.  Nature photography has long been one of my undeclared hobbies.  One of my only regrets about switching from the real Christmas trees to the artificial ones is that I no longer get to smell the pine tree scent in the house.  One of the many things about the real trees I don't miss is all of the pine sap on the Christmas presents - ugh!  I remember one year the sap got all over the presents and hundreds of baby spiders infesting the tree got stuck in the sap.  Of course you can buy the pine scent in a can these days...but there's nothing like the real thing.  Once again in this picture - more black and white.  I think it brings out the texture in a unique way.

This next photo is a black and white of a wooden giraffe statuette that I have on my desk.  I have received more positive comments about this item than anything else in my office:

No comments:

Post a Comment