Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Plants and Asphalt

The following series of pictures documents some of the plants that are growing in the cracks in my driveway.  It's amazing the beauty in some of these shots that were taken using a macro setting on my Kodak M577:


I really like the overlapping tendrils of the leaves in this next shot.  Also, look at the rocks!  Who would think to look this closely at asphalt and find something beautiful!





Notice the plant on the left.  It is the same plant as is featured in the photo above:




Notice the small hairs on the leaves and the way the light plays off the leaves:




This one is my favorite.  The detail on the pine needles, the rock in the middle contrasting the shot are great.  I also like the detail of the leaf edges on this plant.  Yes, this plant was growing out of a crack in the asphalt.





Next Pic:




Cheers!

Christopher.

No comments:

Post a Comment